We created the #ThailandInsider Series to give you a different perspective, a true insider perspective in the Land of Smiles. Join us as we take you on a journey to see a side of Thailand that you may not have discovered before. Island life isn’t just about beaches. Koh Chang is home to some of the clearest blue waters and best snorkeling spots, but did you know you can also explore the canals of Koh Chang by gondola? And get close to nature with cute wild deer on nearby islands?
In this Episode:
- Salak Kok Fisherman Village: Views don’t get much nicer than those over Salak Kok Bay in the southeast of Koh Chang. If you are bored with beaches try a try a sunset over the quiet mangrove lined, mountain backed bay instead.
- Koh Chang National Marine Park: Mu Koh Chang National Park is 650 square kilometers, consisting of 52 islands lining up from Laem Ngop district, Mueang district, to Khlong Yai district. Apart from the most important island– KohChang, the other islands like Koh Klum, Koh Lao Ya Nai, Koh Ngam, Koh Mai Si Yai, Koh Wai, and Koh Rang still remain their natural beauty.
- Koh Rang Archipelago: The Koh Rang islands consists of a group of 12 islands to the south of Koh Chang and the west of Koh Mak.
- Koh Kradat: Slightly on the northeast of Mak Island, Kradat Island got the name from its abundance of alocasia or kradad, a type of plant. This island is also known for its long white sandy beach, beautiful coral reefs, and lots of cute little deer and wildlife hopping about.
- Emerald Cove Koh Chang Spa: Discover the wild beauty and peaceful setting of Koh Chang, one of Thailand’s best-kept island secrets, at The Emerald Cove Koh Chang. Experience the healing touch of Thai massage in an open-air Sala at The Emerald Spa. Kayak among green islets and steep cliffs along Koh Chang’s stunning coastline.
- Peninsula Beach Resort Koh Chang: Located on a private beach of Koh Chang, Peninsula Beach Resort is an exclusive hideaway for families and couples seeking the perfect retreat in Paradise.
Ready to visit Koh Chang?
Browse our selection of special travel offers, packages, hotel discounts, and more!
Win a trip to Thailand!
Are you the #NextThailandInsider? If you’ve been to Thailand before, learn how you can enter to win a trip back to Thailand!