We created the #ThailandInsider Series to give you a different perspective, a true insider perspective in the Land of Smiles. Join us as we take you on a journey to see a side of Thailand that you may not have discovered before. First up, Bangkok! We’re sure you’ve heard of Bangkok, or maybe even visited yourself, but do you know these insider tips and off-the-beaten-path activities?
In this Episode:
- Tha Maharaj is one of only a handful of shopping malls located in Bangkok’s historic Old City. Walking distance from many of the capital’s most famous sights such as Wat Pho and the Grand Palace, Tha Maharaj also benefits from an idyllic riverside location, with a good lineup of cafes, restaurants and bars taking advantage of the handsome views across the water. Tha Maharaj has its very own pier so arriving by boat is the most popular way to reach the mall, although if you’re on a sightseeing trip, Tha Maharaj mall is simple to reach on foot around 10 minutes away from The Grand Palace.
- Explore Bangkok by longtail boat: See why Bangkok used to be called “the Venice of the East” by exploring its canals and the communities that still live on them, right in the heart of the modern metropolis.
- Red Giant Swing: Wat Suthat, better known for the towering red Giant Swing that stands at its entrance, is one of the oldest and most impressive temples in Bangkok. It features an elegant chapel with sweeping roof, magnificent wall murals and exquisite hand-carved teakwood door panels.
- Rajadamnern Boxing Stadium: Rajadamnern Stadium operates 4 days a week on every Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday. Door opens from 6.00 PM onward. The seating is provided in 3 classes from Ring Side Class, 2nd Class and 3rd Class. Ring Side will bring you the extremely boxing experience while seating next to the boxing ring closely with the boxers fighting on stage. Surrounding with their supporters team at the corners.
- Banchamek Gym: Come train with Buakaw “Sombat” Banchamek (formerly known as “Buakaw Por Pramuk”). He is perhaps the most famous Thai fighter on an international scale due to his impressive run in the K1 World Max tournaments.
- Anantara Riverside Bangkok: Thank you to Anantara Riverside Bangkok for hosting us! Located along the banks of Chao Phraya River, Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort is the ideal Bangkok resort for a classic, luxurious holiday.
Ready to visit Bangkok?
Browse our selection of special travel offers, packages, hotel discounts, and more!
Win a trip to Thailand!
Are you the #NextThailandInsider? If you’ve been to Thailand before, learn how you can enter to win a trip back to Thailand!